The last days we got two new All-Flash Storage Systems. These systems can present LUNs in a Metro-Cluster fashion. So I got the challenge to configure the Storage Plugin UltraPath from Huawei. In the manual from Huawei is explained how to configure the settings with esxcli on the ESXi-Host. That’s fine, but not enough 😉 We want to configure this with PowerCli to easily manage more than one Host.
$esxcli2 = Get-ESXCLI -VMHost (Get-VMhost MyHost-001) -V2
#show known diskarrays
#the corresponding esxcli command is = "esxcli upadm show diskarray"
#show ulrapath configuration
#the corresponding esxcli command is = "esxcli upadm show upconfig"
#set working mode to priority
#set primary array to 0 or 1
#the corresponding esxcli command is = "esxcli upadm set hypermetro workingmode -m priority -p 0"
$arguments = $esxcli2.upadm.set.hypermetro.workingmode.CreateArgs()
$arguments.mode = "priority"
The last days I had an issue with the vapi endpoint service. This was caused when I recreated the VMCA Solution Certificates with the Certificate Manager. BTW: VMware Support advised me to do so :/ The complete Message was:
"Failed to connect to d30d9c10-e830-4a2e-b2dd-12de77fc11a3\com.vmware.cis.cls.vapi vAPI provider."
Look what other services are affected by this issue and how to fix it.
We design highly redundant Datacenters, Clusters, Storage Systems and even Networks, but in the end we still have some unplaned outages :/ This week we had a defect Memory DIMM that caused a PSOD on one ESXi Host. HA restarted the VMs fine, but we want to know quickly which VMs restarted. Check out a PowerCLI one liner to find the restarted VMs!
Check out the new Fling DRS Lens! It shows you a litte more how DRS is taking action.
I would like to show you my stumbling blocks when migrating to VCSA.
I would like to encourage you to report your bugs with the smiley at the top right corner.
A few days ago vSphere 6.0 Update 3 was announced. Beside the bugfixes and security updates there is a feature I would like to turn out.
Recently I had to upgrade from vCenter 6.0 U2 to 6.0 U2a because of this WebClient Bug (KB 2144934) But there are many stumbling blocks I would like to inform you about!
You have to look at the Modules in PowerCLI 6.5. When you wrote your Scripts with the PowerShell ISE you had to load the PSSnapins before. In 6.5 there are no longer PSSnapins! Now there are only Modules!
Everybody knows this warning. Now I show you how to change the vCenter Certificate to avoid this ugly page.